- Platinum Jubilee Big School Lunch Menu Template
- Create a playlist with as many songs you can find with the word queen in it
- Host a street party at home with your neighbours
You will need:
- Printer, A4 paper (you need one piece for one triangle), Scissors, Glue
- Something to string the triangle onto
- Something to hold the bunting securely in place when up (or leave enough string at either end to securely tie up)
To make the bunting:
- Print out as many triangles as you need to make the desire length of bunting
- Cut out each shape
- Fold the paper back along the dotted line (so the tab is sitting behind the coloured side)
- Glue or stick the tab down — you don’t want to glue the entire tab because you need a space to thread the ribbon or string through to hang the bunting
- If you want the triangles to be spaced apart, you can fold the tab over the ribbon/string and glue the triangle in place on the strand
- Be mindful of where and how securely you hang your bunting as it could be a strangulation/choking hazard. It’s not safe to have it anywhere it could be reached by a young child (even by them climbing onto furniture). Make sure it is securely tied or tacked up — you don’t want it falling down and becoming within reach of a child, and ensure there are no dangling ends of string or ribbon for an eager child to grab.
- Of course, if you want to avoid lengths of string or ribbon entirely, you can just print out the triangles, cut off the fold- over tab and stick on the wall individually, with pointed edges touching.
Create your own mocktail to serve to your family and friends
Tea and Cake
- Host a Bake Off competition, best decorated cake or cupcake
- Try different teas
Make a hat for the party
HM The Queen loves to wear bright colourful hats, can you create your own of recyclable materials?
Make union flags
- Use the template to create a Union Jack from flags of Scotland, Northern Ireland and England.
- Cut out template, colour in and fold.
- Colour in both sides of red elements and fold backwards to show separate flags.
- Can be used to show symmetry, discuss British values and Art or just for fun.
Union Jack Heart Garland
You will need:
- Red, white, and blue yarn (light, medium, or bulky weight), Cardboard, Scissors, Pen or pencil, Tape (optional), Yarn needle, Union Jack Yarn Heart Garland Template
Create a flower arrangement
- Out of real or fake
- Origami or foam flowers