The camping field is perfect for camps, fun days, cookouts and campfires.
Hammock camping (max 4 - equipment not provided) can be carried out using the trees running up the side of the field near the camp shed.
- A large field with space for up to 2 separate camps and is notionally divided. Each ‘camp’ holds approximately 25 pitches.
- Campfire circle
- 2 hour day/evening campfire circle sessions
- Pre-booking is required (see below).
- Trimtrail (access is shared with house guests)
- Outside sink
- Toilet block with showers and a disabled toilet
- Altar fires
- Well equipped shed including 2 fridges, a freezer, pots, pans, utensils, tables and games equipment including bats, balls, hoops, skipping ropes etc
- Shop - with badges and other Girlguiding Hertfordshire merchandise. Request for purchases should be made by emailing [email protected]
The campfire circle is located in a sheltered area to prevent sparks over tents and is situated so as to make it accessible to both house and field users. Following consideration of it’s environmental impact the fire size has been reduced and is clearly bounded to ensure fires are of a size suitable to the Guide Centre environs. The end result is a more intimate and safe experience for users.
- House guests and campsite guests have shared access of the campfire circle.
- Use of the campfire circle is FREE to those with house and/or campsite bookings but must be pre-booked.
- For those with campfire circle bookings only, access will be made available to the outside shower/toilet block for handwashing and toilet facilities.
Additional items to hire
- Giant games (snakes and ladders, chess, lawn darts and pick up sticks), Hi-Tower, Skittles, Quoits, skipping roes and sports cones at a cost of £10 for a 2 hour session
- Soft Archery recommended for ages 8+ at a cost of £10 for a 2 hour session (4 targets, 4 bows, 12 arrows, 8 wrist guards and 2 guide ropes)
Site map and floorplan