Our annual sleepout event will be held on Friday, 19 November at Oaklands College. It is our BIGGEST fundraising event and this year we have an ambitious target to reach…
Special Needs Adviser
Supports members regarding adults and girls who have special and complex needs.
I started guiding in 1955 on the Isle of Anglesey in a completely Welsh unit - the only English resource was an Our Chalet song book. In 1962 I became Unit Guider of 1st Amlwch Brownies, and in 1975 Unit Guider of 6th Welwyn Garden City Brownies.
I have also been Division Pack Holiday Adviser, team leader for Heronswood District, Safeguarding Adviser, and Assistant Leader with the 6th Welwyn Garden City Guides with special and complex needs.
As County Special Needs Adviser my role involves:
- Supporting and offering advice to Leaders who have girls with special and complex needs in their units.
- Supporting girls in their units who have special and complex needs.
- Visiting units to give advice.
- Organising and supporting Happy Hearts - social and residential events for girls in the County who for various reasons are unable to go away on residential events with their units.
- Supporting the Anglia Team on their organised events for SMILE which holds social and residential events for girls with special needs in Anglia.
Other team members
Girlguiding has introducing a new offering for members who are aged between 18 and 30 and a group of champions has been formed to ensure that Anglia region provides a full offering of activities and opportunities for 18-30s members.Read more
Advises and supports members of Rangers working towards the Queen’s Guide AwardRead more
We are very pleased to be able to announce that applications for the 2022 NSGSO and NSGCB course are now open. We are accepting applications for both the Symphony Orchestra…
Get your free basil seeds in the post and join Together TV's 8 week Green Challenge!